If you have questions about bankruptcy options, I can help.
In 2002, I volunteered to represent bankruptcy clients through our local Legal Aid office, and a very generous chapter 7 trustee walked me through the process. I have been fortunate to continue to represent both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings ever since. I have enjoyed the bankruptcy practice and the relationships with clients and colleagues in the bankruptcy arena more than any other area of the law. There are very few other areas of practicing law where you can provide an immediate sense of relief, peace of mind and happiness for your clients.
For nearly 20 years, we have represented individuals, businesses and other entities in hundreds of bankruptcy proceedings in Oklahoma, as both debtors and creditors. While bankruptcy does provide the ultimate debt relief, our first goal in every evaluation is to determine if there is a feasible means to avoid a bankruptcy filing. We will work with you to evaluate your options and find the best available solutions to your current situation.
How can bankruptcy benefit you?
- Eliminate your unsecured debts.
- Stop telephone, text and email harassment from creditors.
- Stop or delay foreclosures.
- Stop repossessions, and recover repossessed vehicles or assets.
- Stop payroll or bank account garnishments.
- Stop lawsuits and collection actions.
- Provide peace of mind, stress relief and a fresh financial start.
In addition to representing hundreds of debtors in Chapter 7 cases, some examples of our representative experience include the following:
- Representation of Chapter 7 Panel Trustee in preference and turnover actions.
- Obtained numerous judgments declaring debts non-dischargeable in adversary proceedings filed on behalf of an Oklahoma public trust entity.
- Obtained a judgment of non-dischargeable debt on behalf of an Oklahoma pension fund in an adversary proceeding.
- Successfully defended individual chapter 7 clients in an adversary proceeding filed by a credit card company alleging fraud, and recovered all of the client’s attorney’s fees and costs from the credit card company.
- Successfully defended numerous preference and turnover actions filed against various clients.
- Obtained a judgment declaring a debt non-dischargeable, arising from a brutal assault and battery and related property damage.
- Representation of farm equipment financing creditor in the context of chapter 12 family farm bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as Special Administrator of pending workers compensation claimants in context of a confirmed chapter 11 bankruptcy plan for a self-insured employer, and administered over 128 claims estimated at $1.2M.
- Assisted in the representation of a nationwide trucking company with over $30 Million of debt, through which a confirmed chapter 11 plan of reorganization was entered.
In 2019, we partnered with another bankruptcy professional, the Law office of B. David Sisson, through an “Of-Counsel” agreement, which allows us to share information and ideas, pool resources, and provide added value and benefits to our clients.
The Goodin Law Firm is a debt relief agency. We help people and businesses file for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code.
Our initial consultation is free, and you have no obligation to retain our office to represent you. Do not be intimidated by the process, don’t be embarrassed to ask any question you might have, and do not sugar coat any information. Full disclosure is the key to success!